Re: Re: [T3] oil fountain

On 19 Mar 2002, at 13:27, jonathan hesby wrote:

> Actually, fter further investigation last night I found the problem. The
> litle plastic hose between the pipe that is on the bottom side of the
> breather, and pipe on the top side of the oil fill tube was cracked. So when
> the car was idleing oil fountained out. I used a regular piece of heater
> hose to replace it.

Please edit your replies, rather than quote the entire previous message.

You say you have a 69, but this sounds like a 72-3 breather (it has 2 plastic
plugs on top, rather than 1.) Where does this hose go on your 69? If you
have one of those mixed up engines, you may have trouble because there
really is no place for the blowby gasses to go.

So tell us whether this engine is still FI and where that hose leads.

BTW, heater hose works well with water, but is usually incompatible with oil.
You will want to keep an eye on it.