Re: [T3] windows

On 18 Mar 2002, at 19:56, DandysRuleOk@aol.com wrote:

> How do you change the windows?  How do you take off the rubber around the
> window?

The window, trim and rubber will all come out together.

Working from the inside of the car, you can usually just push the fixed side
out with your feet. Push HARD, but don't stomp, and start at a corner. Have
someone on the outside to catch it when it pops loose.

Windshields are MUCH more likely to break, so you can't just push them
out. I prefer to work my way slowly around the gasket with a dull screwdriver
working the gasket over the body lip until the glass can be tilted out.

Don't assume that you can just destroy the rubber and replace it. Some of it
is no longer replaceable.