Re: [T3] New aluminum universal cases from Brazil

<x-charset iso-8859-1>Hello-

>  I e-mailed
> Pimpride and they told me that in fact these are new castings.
> Heavier but more durable, no need for those Type 4 conversions
> when a  stronger case is needed .

Two big problems with the T1 still:
- no throughbolts!!! Great, the case is aluminum, but it's still supported
by wimpy threaded studs.  T4 and 911 have throughbolts; T1 doesn't.  I think
it's a shame that Autolinea didn't incorporate this change... it'd make a
big difference.
- the heads of a T4 cool FAR better than those of a T1.  Our cylinders can
help drop the temps a lot, and can make a high performance T1 not
thermally-overloaded.  Then again, on a T4, then can make them run even
cooler.

Take care,
Shad Laws
LN Engineering - Aircooled Precision Performance
http://www.LNengineering.com

</x-charset>