Re: [T3] rust inside the door

On 17 Mar 2002, at 9:21, Cody Andresen wrote:

> I removed the inside door panel cover on my 1970 fastback recently to
> discover that a leaky window molding has proliferated a nasty rust
> condition on the lower 1/4 of my driver side door.  Is there a good
> product out there that I can spray or paint on the problem area that
> will neutralize the problem?

First clean out all the dirt, etc, from the bottom of the door and get
the drain holes clear. They are small oval holes (~3/8" x 1/4") at
the outboard corners, actually in the part of the metal where it has
bent down to mate up with the outer doorskin.

You probably don't really need to do anything else, but if you want
you can try one of the commercial rust killers or inhibitors. I like
LPS-3 for enclosed, protected areas like this.