RE: [T3] Gas Tank Troubles

On 16 Mar 2002, at 23:28, Bryan "bc" Castles wrote:

> >>When the tank was cleaned, did you pull the filter screen out of the
> bottom of the tank and clean or replace it. Where the fuel line comes
> out of the bottom of the tank, there is a fine mesh screen.
> The fuel pressure regulator on a FI car is under the RH intake runners.
> The pressure should be 28-32 psi. There is a place to connect a pressure
> gage between the #3 & 4 injectors.
> >>

> No, actually I did not replace this screen.  The original looked really
> clean, but looked to be just laying on the bottom.  The hole where fuel
> leaves the tank was unobstructed but also seemed to be unfiltered.  I was
> able to find the return hole as well, so I was not sure what the deal was
> with the screen.  How do I get at it to replace it?  Is it likely to be
> giving me this type of trouble since the tank is pretty clean now?

It's not necessary to replace it, but it needs to be clear. If it is, fine.
The screen is on the OUTPUT from the tank, while the return is
unfiltered. You remove the screen by taking off the hex "nut" from
around the outlet fitting on the bottom of the tank and pulling it out
that hole.

If it's clearly clean, this is unnecessary to do now.