Re: [T3] Pushbutton Dash woes.....

Everett wrote:
>>I have never seen an original Type 3 that had the push-button dash
slot with
push-pull switches.  As far as I know, and according to the parts book,
the
plate and switches were a replacement piece only, for cars built before
chassis # 423 140, April 29, 1964.<<

I think you're probably right about this, but most early 64s I've seen
have the replacement switches and adapter plate. This could either be an
illustration of how unreliable the original pushbutton units were (if
these were really all later replacements), or maybe they were
transitional cars and the old dash stampings were being used up on the
assembly line. Also, I guess it goes without saying that cars assembled
in Australia or elsewhere probably made the transition differently.

Scott
62 343 (pushbuttons still work!), 65 361, 01 Golf GL