Re: [T3] crash test on a type 3

<x-charset iso-8859-1>I did one..........!!  I can tell you that in a off-set frontal crash into a
concrete barrier (foundation of a house...) at around 60 or so it takes the
smack VERY well.  From the inside you can't tell it was hit. The front beam
and the tunnel take a bunch of energy away from a frontal impact.
Here's a couple of pics....
http://www.geocities.com/davebuckholts/Mvc-005f.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/davebuckholts/Mvc-007f.jpg

The car actually swung the ass end through the garage after it hit the
foundation, that's why the passenger side rear is kinda smacked.  This is
the car that I started messing with T4's with.  Had a 1.7 w/ dome pistons,
dual 40 webers, 297 dur./327 lift cam and LOADS of fun.  This was in '84.
Dave

</x-charset>