Re: [T3] Pushbutton Dash woes.....

>>the push button facility
on the Type3 dash came to an end with chassis number
227 000 in about the second week of August 1963.  From
then until, I believe, 1965 models (Aug 1964) the slot for
a set of push buttons was merely covered over by a
rectangular painted plate with holes in it for the push-pull
knobs.<<

At some point in production, certainly by late 1964, the dashboard metal
stamping was modified to allow the push-pull switches to be mounted
directly, eliminating the metal plate over the old pushbutton mounting
slot. I think a car with a 1965 model year chassis number should have
the revised dash.

I wonder when exactly the stamping for the dash changed...anyone out
there have a 1964 model with the switches mounted directly in the dash,
without the metal cover plate?

Scott
62 343 ("veg-o-matic"), 65 361 (push-pull), 01 Golf GL