[T3] Shock woes...

I went to replace the shocks on my Squareback today,
and found a terrible sight. Both the front shocks have
disintegrsted onto the lower shock mounts(have a
rust-buster on overnight) AND, the right top bolt
seems to have been replaced with an oversize unit,
that seems to have damaged the threads, it does snug
up. However that bolt wont go thru the new shock!!
What do I do? Can I dap and die the bolt on top? Do I
need a new front end? AARRGGGHH!!!Help, Ken