RE:[T3] Type3 Tow Bar

 Erick wrote:
 >Just make sure your mounts are
>strong and speaking form experience make new "L"
>shaped bumper mounts out of some heavy guage steel oriron because the mounts
>are not strong enough to hold if you have an emergency like stopping really
fast or
>swerving at an unexpected moment. Lastly if you do this make sure you bungee
>the steering wheel in its straight 12 o'clock position. This will help get
the car >straight after a turn. I did not do this and my bumper mounts
litterally tore off!!!

 This Is why I made an adapter plate and attached it to my front beam.I
haven't looked in the JC&co catalog lately, but my guess it won't work for
what you want to do. I think they are for american cars with heavy duty
bumpers and mounts.  The one I made towed my Squareback and my Notchback from
Texas to Michigan, and I loaned it to a friend who used it to tow a
Squareback from north of Saginaw back to Port Huron. All of these trips were
uneventful, other than people asking about them in the rest areas. :)  The
super beetle tow bar needs to be lengthened about 20" to be used, it is more
compact design than my plate system(built over kill) but works really nice,
as I have seen one designed this way using the super beetle tow bar.  I hope
this helps you out.
Bo 65 Notch S w/ Sunroof