Re: [T3] coil location...

<x-flowed>

Jim Adney wrote:

>On 13 Mar 2002, at 11:47, Everett Barnes wrote:
>
>>>On a stock 1967, 1600cc, dual port, dual carb type 3 engine, where is the
>>>
>>ignition coil mounted?
>>
>>http://thesamba.com/vw/scrapbook/67square/02122002/engine.jpg
>>

>Okay, I see that you need the extra bracket to mount the coil if you have the
>dual carbs.  ;-)

This is the same mounting point as on my 73, so that obviously didnt
change. Wasnt there some models that had the coil over by the oil
breather, on top of the fan housing? Single carb is my guess.I do know
that the SP2 with it's alternator had the coil on the fan housing, by
the oil breather

PerL
73 Variant L