Re: [T3] Engine swap

On 13 Mar 2002, at 20:12, Sean Hogston wrote:

>    Can you put an engine from an automatic vehicle into a vehicle with a manual
> trans? Im assuming you will have to install the pressure plate/clutch. Is there
> anything else that is different?

You will have to replace the AT drive plate with the MT flywheel and reset the
end play. That's about it. If you're talking FI, then there is a hose you have to
plug and maybe some parts to swap over.

> I thought I read a post that the engine in the automatic cars was different than
> in the manual, but i cant remember where i saw that. It said something about the
> case being different on the automatic I think.

The AT case is slightly different, but it works fine on MT cars.

-
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org
Madison, WI 53711-3054