RE: [T3] Alternator Output and then some...and some more

>It may be that the excess current caused a problem with the FI relay. Which

>relay was it?
The radio was connected to both of them!!!!  The direct power from the
battery came from the relay under the back seat and then the ones from the
radio unit where connected to the  relay under the dash.

>The other thing to check is a bit of dirt that is getting caught in the FI
trigger
>points. If the dirt holds even one of the points open, the engine stops.

I knew this was coming and have suspected this for sometime.  However, the
last time I took out the Distributor, I put it in wrong and it jumped/moved
splines inside and that cost quite a bit to have corrected.  But I'll have
to "get back on the horse" and try again.  Thanks for the help.

Thanks again,
Jason Smith
'72 Fastback AT FI
'97 Jetta