Re: [T3] Alternator Output and then some...and some more

On 10 Mar 2002, at 19:09, Jason T. Smith wrote:

> Not too cold, I live in Columbus, OH.  Was 60 yesterday and 35 today.

60 sounds pretty good from here. ;-)

> I have a volmeter and have made these checks.  I turned out to be just the
> radio.  The PO had 2 amps and a 12 disk cd changer and all wired to the FI
> relays.  I have removed the entire unit and will live without, until the
> other issues are worked out.
>
> It seems almost certain it is some electrical problem.

It may be that the excess current caused a problem with the FI relay. Which
relay was it?

The other thing to check is a bit of dirt that is getting caught in the FI trigger
points. If the dirt holds even one of the points open, the engine stops.