Fw: [T3] Alternator Output and then some...and some more...

<x-charset iso-8859-1>    Thanks for all the help.  I did not know it was a generator, I thought
after certain years, the late cars had alternators? Oh, well.  I had the
battery charged at one of those battery stores for free.  This was a fairly
new battery(less than 6 months), but I think the radio wiring combined with
it sitting during the winter (I only take it out a couple times a month)
discharged the battery enough for it not to get a good charge in that 10
minutes of driving.  Plus I let it sit for about two weeks on that 10min.,
so that did not help any.  But again thanks for the info, I got scared there
for a minute thinking something else has gone wrong, you guys know how it's
just one thing after another.
    Speaking of which, I still have yet to figure out my FI system,
recently I was having more problems with the car just shutting off and not
starting again. The list had talked about temp sensors and cold start system
etc.  But I haven't had the time to work on anything, it also too cold.  We
I had disconnected the Temp Switch and this seemed to work for a while then
it happened again.  The car just dies and will not start.  So I unplugged
the Cold Start valve's MPC and she started right up.  And after I got my
battery charge she ran like never before, I mean smooth, just beautiful.
    So, what gives?  Could the cold start system really cause this much flux
in the operation.  I know it is only suppose to work while the starter is
firing.  I'll have to do a full system check once the weather warms up here
in OH.  Sorry this is so long and I really don't have a question, just
trying to air it all out.

Thanks again,
Jason T. Smith
'72 Fastback