Re: [T3] what could it be

First thing: Webers don't have chokes.

Which means you're swallowing alot of cold air first thing in the morning
when you start your car.

Secondly, do you have all the proper air warm-up stuff on your engine; the
little flaps that go up and down on either side of the fan housing that are
attached to a rod that's controlled by a thermostat?  If not, get it on
there. It'll help everything alot. My carbed engine took a long time to get
warm, especially on my old engine when I was using heavier straight 30 oil.
It wasn't helping that I didn't have those flaps operating properly.

To solve the heat problem, you need these gaskets called isolator blocks. I
think you can get them from Bill and Steves BUT MAKE SURE THEY UNDERSTAND
THAT YOU NEED THE ONES FOR CARBS THAT GO BETWEEN THE CARB AND THE MANIFOLD!
NOT THE ONES THAT GO BETWEEN THE MANIFOLD AND THE CYLINDER HEAD!!!

They're thicker than the average gasket, but not so thinck you can't get the
decklid back on, and they help to reduce the boiled gas problem that makes
starting up when hot so tricky.

I used to give the engine a full pump of gas before starting, and gently
feather the pedal while it started (don't rev it up), and then let it warm
up about a minute before driving out. I never had startup problems then. In
the heat, however, I used to just go get a coke and drink it and relax with
the understanding that owning a car like this comes with the perks of a more
laid back life. The car was ready when I was.

Of course, now I have FI, so I don't have any excuses for being late anymore
:)
--
Mike Wodkowski
72 FI SQBK