RE: [T3] Emissions failure

On 6 Mar 2002, at 22:14, Parker-Durost wrote:

> Although Portland has a 25 year rule, I've been meaning to visit the DMV just
> to help me tune the engine.

Will they let you do that? I've tried this several times, but I'm usually sent
away. They're just state employess, too, so if the law doesn't require them to
do it, they don't want to bother.

Actually, I got them to do it once in Wisconsin, but was turned away once in
CA. In the latter case, my car had WI plates, and they wouldn't touch it.

Gee, are we all lepers here, or something?

-
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org
Madison, WI 53711-3054