Re: [T3] Door seal advice

On 6 Mar 2002, at 13:01, Tom Falcone wrote:

> I have the 3M weatherstip adhesive and the seals
> are on the car right now, getting used to being in that position.
>
> question:  Any advice about glueing these bad boys in place?
> question:  Will I have to let them dry completely before closing the doors?
> question:  Seems like it will be a tight fit once they're in place, do you
> just slam the doors shut?

Remove all the old seal and all the old glue. Getting to understand how they
should fit, as you are doing, is a great idea.

I just spread the 3M glue over the metal surface where the 2 will meet, then
push the seal into place. Make sure that you push it ALL the way into that
groove. Let dry an hour and check gently; I suppose it really wouldn't hurt to
just leave the doors ajar overnight.

Then just slam them shut. A little talc or silicone spray will make this work
better and help them slip into the right position.