RE: Re[T3]forging ahead with short block

<x-charset iso-8859-1>Just glanced through this message...my input.

If you drive your car hard then the sump is REQUIRED!  It allows plenty of
oil and submerges the pick-up tube deep in oil so you won't suck air when
hitting the corners hard.  The full-flow allows far better oil filtration
and when plumbed correctly won't drop pressure very much and will increase
engine longevity.

The full-flow should be a required, must-have item for any engine in my
opinion.  For those who like to indulge in spirited driving should
definitely have an oil sump.  I haven't had a lick of problems in my lowered
ride with either item.

I can easily understand Jim's desire to stick with Rimco.  When I find a
business that satisfies me and does a good job I stick with them and refer
others to them.  It keeps them in business and you know you'll get a quality
product every time.  When I found my last mechanic I would drive HOURS to
his shop just to have my car worked on by him, even though there were
locals, because his work was always quality!

  Toby Erkson
  air_cooled_nut@pobox.com
  '95 VW Jetta III GL 2.0L, P-Chip, Jamex suspension, 2.25" MagnaFlow
exhaust, etc.
  Portland, Oregon, http://www.icbm.org/