Re: [T3] Generator Question

On 6 Mar 2002, at 6:26, Type 3 Junkie wrote:

> What size load will a good generator put out ?
> Should the measurement come at the battery - or the- generator itself at
> idle?

Our 12V generators are rated 30A at 14V. 6V generators can be somewhat
less. They put out little or nothing at idle.

Note that alternators will put out more at idle than generators, but they will
not put out their rated current until you get them up to speed, either.

-
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org
Madison, WI 53711-3054