[T3] Forging ahead with short block

<x-flowed>

Justin,

I just thought i would toss in my 2 cents worth here...

Your motor sounds good , and good for you in building it yourself.
If you contact Gene Berg they have a Type 3 full flow kit ( approx 140)
this kit is all you need ,and come with great direction for the machine shop
to follow.
Very worth the money.
One the bearings ask the machine shop you are using if they have the crank
bearings, they should  and then you know they will fit , they can also
install the bearing on your crank for you and you dont have to to worry
about it.
Yes to swivel valve adjusters  (they rock) Yes to a new gland nut, never
re-use one..(If you have to pay 15.00 , it is like a cheap insurance policy)
Yes you can use the push rods, if they are straight..
Yes get at least 1 and1/2 qt deep sump and ...have you thought about total
seal rings for your pistons?

NO's--

Dont use the Melling , i have had plenty of friend have them leak..they are
made from Steel (?) so they contract at diffrent rates than the VW case and
after time do leak.
Use a Heavy duty VW one--30 mm should do the trick

You shouldnt need a breather box since you are keeping it stock size..

Just my two cents.....