Re: [T3] problem with my squareback backfiring found out what wrong

On 5 Mar 2002, at 16:52, Daniel Baum wrote:

> Isn't punctuation wonderful?
>
> Could we at least make an effort to write legibly? We don't expect e-mail to be
> a great literary masterpiece, but the odd full-stop (that's a "period" for you
> Americans) and comma really help people understand what you mean!

I'm gonna side with Daniel on this one. It's easy to sit down at the keyboard
and just type something knowing that I know what I mean, but it's entirely
different to have in mind that I want to MAKE SURE that the reader
understands what I'm trying to say.

This list gives everyone a chance to have their moment "on the soapbox," but
if you think that just getting "your moment" is the whole point, then, at least
in my opinion, you've missed the point.

The point is to pass on information so that others pick it up and understand
it. That burden is on the sender.

None of this should be taken as a specific criticism of the particular writer
who started this thread. There are plenty of examples out there, and each of
us has to work to make his/her posts understandable.

-
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org
Madison, WI 53711-3054