RE: [T3] Supercharging / Turbo-ing a d-jet

<x-charset iso-8859-1>Hello Charles,
	I am in a very similar position to you, I too will be building a 2ltr
Turbocharged Type4. I am probably going (n.b. still in the planning stage)
to go for the K-Jet system which is a Continuous Injection System that is
very forgiving when it comes to performance engines. Steer clear of the
D-Jet for your purpose, it's a good system on stock engine configurations
(I've been running a stock engine with the D-Jet system for 12 yrs with
minimum fuss) but for a performance application it's a turkey.
	The most I think you can do with a D-Jet is run a normally aspirated 1776
with a stock compression ratio (as I believe some people on this list do).

I recommend you read the following book which gives a good grounding for the
various different types of Bosch FI systems:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0837603005/qid=1015263096/sr=2-1/ref=
sr_2_1/102-6278281-6753732

Also if you're Turbocharging VW aircooled engine, the Turbomania book by Bob
Tomlinson is indispensable:

http://www.vwbooks.fsnet.co.uk/catalogue/section_0_0_3.htm#VWB635

Also for Type4 engine related info check out the Type 4rum on Shop Talk
Forums:

http://shoptalkforums.com

Let me know how you progress.

cheers,