FW: [T3] how do I remove vent controls 1969

----Something comes to mind... maybe from a Beetle or Type III
  Bentley.  I seem to recall a picture where a piece of string or twine
  was looped behind the knob, kind of like making a cat's cradle, and
  then the little web of string was pulled forward to bring the knob
  off.  (Hope that makes sense.)

Thanks Guys, this method did work and I never would have "guessed" this was
how to remove the controls. With some pulling force, the knob pulled off the
end of the shaft completely.