RE: [T3] "Whistling" noise (not whirring)... a follow up post

<x-charset iso-8859-1>> Maybe the generator is a bit out of position, and too far forward or back.

That was my first thought when I discovered the cause of the noise. I
figured it was too far back because the outer edge of the pulley was where
it made contact with the cover.  But I checked and rechecked the belt
alignment and it seems to be fine.  What I did was to loosen the bolts
holding the pulley shroud and nudged it up a bit.  That did the trick.

> Just check the belt is running true on both pulleys or there may be excess
wear.

It looks fine.

> Also make sure the dot on the generator strap lines up with the line
on the generator casing to ensure the cooling air holes are lined up.

Lined up, no problem.

Thanks for the feeback.

DaveB
'64 Notch