[T3] Tassi experience

<x-charset iso-8859-1>
> For your staple items, Tassi's in Daly City is a good place to go.

Tassi's were the first place I went with my 68 FI SB

They kept it for 2 days, said the fuel pump was bad. Replaced it for $200,
than told me the studs were pulling out of the block, and they would fix it
for $1400. told me the compression was bad, and when I asked for the
figures, they wouldn't/couldn't tell me.

I took it to Dieters VW, and he properly diagnosed it as a bad distributor,
and a few bad grounds. total price to get it running perfectly? $140   the
studs were fine.

when I was at tassi's, asking them to show me the pump pressure, I noticed
that the mechanic was using a haynes manual to diagnose my car. The wrong
years' manual.

In conclusion, Tassi's  knew nothing about my car, or perhaps intended to
rip me off. Their diagnoses was wrong, their process of diagnoses was wrong,
and they really knew nothing about my car.

Do not go there. In fact, I wouldn't even buy a set of points from them, if
I were broken down, and they were the last place with points in stock. On
earth.

My .02