Re: [T3] how do I remove vent controls 1969

<x-charset iso-8859-1>From: "Mark Mcatee" <tothemcatees@yahoo.com>

> I have my car ('69 squareback) very dismantled right now and I can not
> figure out how to get the dash ventilation controls out. They are two round
> knobs to the right of the ashtray. I removed the three screws holding the
> lever assembly to the dash but I can not get the knobs off to get the
> assembly away from the dash. Can anyone help me get these off?

In essence, they pull straight off.  It will be easier if the screws were back
in - more control.  Be careful with the knob, the soft rubber part of it will
pull/rip right off if you're not controlled in your movements.  Get a good hold of
the knob with both hands and pull really hard while wiggling the knob.  If you're
having trouble, another set of hands and a screwdriver can get in there and pry
(twisting the space between the knob and dash like a screw) the knob off while you
are pulling.

Good luck - and be nice to it and it will just pop off in your hands.

Freddie Lochner
http://www.geocities.com/SixtyNineNotch