[T3] how do I remove vent controls 1969

<x-charset iso-8859-1>I have my car ('69 squareback) very dismantled right now and I can not
figure out how to get the dash ventilation controls out. They are two round
knobs to the right of the ashtray. I removed the three screws holding the
lever assembly to the dash but I can not get the knobs off to get the
assembly away from the dash. Can anyone help me get these off?

Thanks!