Re: [T3] Breather (Was: Re: [T3] Timing and other questions)

On 30 Jun 2002, at 18:35, Ben Doughney wrote:

> I had a look at the oil filler tube and there is no stub on it. What should I do
> about the hole on the bottom of the breather? How do I get the breather off to
> get a better look at the underside?

You probably have a 72-3 filler pipe, which has no stub. The drain tube must
have been cut off your breather box. You could install a 68-71 breather box
and a matching filler pipe.

The breather box comes off with difficulty if you have the special wrench that
reaches down the throat in the breather (after you remove the plastic plug
and remove some parts) and unscrews the big hollow bolt.

I think I have these parts if you can get your stuff apart.