Re: [T3] Clock Question (Was: Re: [T3] How to get the gauges out?)

on 30/6/2002 4:04 PM, Jim Adney at jadney@vwtype3.org wrote:

> The "fuse" was a rivet made of low melting point alloy that tied those 2 parts
> together. You can restore it by holding the 2 parts together and carefully
> melting the solder with a soldering iron. A touch of flux is often helpful,
> but
> you snould NOT add any fresh solder, because that will raise the melting
> point and render the fuse ineffective.
There wasn't any solder on there, so I soldered it with normal solder, and
added a 1 amp inline fuse. Will this be adequate, or should I use a lower
rating fuse? The clock works well now, and seems to keep time.

Thanks,
Ben Doughney

'75 1200L
'63 1200 - Ringo