Re: [T3] How to get the gauges out?

On 29 Jun 2002, at 12:44, Ben Doughney wrote:

> Today I am sorting out wiring and stuff under the dash, and while I have
> most of it apart I want to take the clock out to see if I can get it going
> again. I can't see how exactly it comes out of the dash though?

Reach up under the dash and find the rear of the clock. Work your fingers
toward the dash along the sides of the clock; you'll find a pair of spring
fingers there. Squeeze the dash end of these fingers inwards until they are
close enough together to allow the whole clock and fingers to come out.

The other instruments come out the same way, but the clock is the easiest
and that is the one you want to start with.

> I took the four 13mm bolts out of the large plate that sits in the middle of the
> tunnel, then when it didn't come loose I saw the 17mm bolt in the middle so I
> put the bolts back again. I found the actual inspection plate, but what is that
> large plate? Is it what holds the rear transaxle mount on or something?

It's one of the mountings for the rear subframe, which, in turn, supports the
front of the transmission and the whole rear suspension.