Re: [T3] Swivel Feet Adjusters

<x-charset windows-1252>Now that my hands have mostly stopped sh-h-h-haking f-f-f-form List
withdrawal......

An update about my swivel feet adjusters.  Without any shims under the
rocker shaft mounts and without shortening the pushrods, i would need to
reduce the thickness of the rocker arm adjuster mount by 1/4".  This is half
of its approximate 1/2" thickness.  Obviously can't do that.  Got this
measurement by assembling the rockers with the OEM adjsuters, setting the
valves to 0.006", and then comparing the exposed length of the OEM aduster
to the length of the swivel feet adjuster.

So I need 0.250" additional space.

The supplied shims are 0.060".
Shortening the pushrods by 0.080" gets me another 0.088" when you account
for the ratio of the rocker arm.
This leaves me with a touch over 0.100" to shave off of the rocker arm.
So I take off 0.125" (1/8") to allow for future adjsutablility.

Still too much?  How much do you take off typically Jim?  Should I shorten
the pushrod more?  Use thicker shims?  Go back to the OEM adjusters?

Thanks.

Later,
John Jaranson
'71 FI Auto Fasty (Jane)