Re: [T3] I'm getting a Fasty!

On 23 Jun 2002, at 17:01, Ben Doughney wrote:

> Is there a separate fuse for the left and right directions on the Type 3? I
> didn't have a close look at the fuse panel, but noticed some fuse wire wrapped
> around one of the contacts in place of a fuse.

No, just one fuse, but burned out bulbs, dis/mis-connected wires, are other
possiblities. The fact that one side works is a real help, so you know that
most of it works.

> I will ask at my VWFLAPS when I am next there. They have a lot of nearly new /
> second hand parts, and they might have a Type 3 muffler in amongst it all. I
> heard here that the OEM ones have some special heater parts on them or
> something?

If they have any type 3 muffler parts you should buy them: mufflers, heat
exchangers, damper pipes, tailpipes, installation kits. If there is more there
than you can handle let me know what excess there is and we may be able
to buy them out together.

OTOH, I think the odds here are poor, but it's still worth asking.