Re: [T3] Compression Ratio Recommendations

<x-charset iso-8859-1>You can't run a roller cam in a stock case, the sideloading is too great and
you'll simply break the lifter bore right off.

Shad's pistons have a machined dish in them, more or less matching the shape
of the combustion chamber. this means you need a different piston depending
on the chamber shape, which is dependent upon the head used (1.7, 1.8,, 2.0,
and 2.0 914 more or less). They are designed this way to allow the tightest
deck possible, without the CR going stupid high.

our pistons are DOMED (no dish). Ours are designed to create a "perfect
combustion chamber shape" (the head is 1/2 the chamber, the piston is the
other 1/2). Why guys run flat tops if they admit this fact is beyond me.
Spend hours reshaping chambers in the head to get them perfect, then throw a
flat top in there?

both are more advanced then flat-tops.

Shads will work with a stock chamber. Ours require chamber reshaping in a
few locations, which takes about 4 hours.

John
Aircooled.Net Inc.