[no subject]

> I agree with most on Berg's principles.  He was right on most things
> back in the 60's and 70's, but todays knowledge and technology has
> long surpassed his theories.

Let me rephrase this to get closer to what I meant.
I agree with most current day VW enthusiast who are up to date with
the recent technology in engine design,...Berg's principles are old
school and out of date for the most part.  I did not say or mean I
agree with Berg's principles.

The rest of my post was trying to compliment and extend my gratitude
for the input that you and John have for this thread.  I find it
intersesting and very informative.  I was also trying to give a
summation of the parts that are being referred to achieve the
discussed theory.  Budget always plays a major role in any project.
Right now, I am not concerned so much with budget as I am with getting
the whole thing figured out correctly, so I can drive my 69 Fastback
long distances with confidence and still have as much HP as possible.
On the other hand, I don't care if I only get 30-50kmi out of the
engine, because I will only drive the car 2-3kmi per year.  I also
like to be different, and have things that most people don't, or do
things differently than others.  I like to be the Jones across the
street to keep up with.  I am still undecided on many things, like
displacement, but I will not be able to spend any money till I get
done with the stupid situation that my "wanna be x-wife" has put me
into.  I am planning for the future, and I hope it is the near future
(please let it be this winter).

I am not trying to be an @**hole, just want to clarify.  I love what
you and John are doing for the VW performance industry.  I just can't
participate RIGHT NOW, but it takes me awhile to come up with the
plan, or the "design" of the engine.  Call it research, but when I can
cut loose the wallet seams, I want to be able to run with it.

You and John keep up the good work, and your posts are well written
and clear.

Brian Schlepp
69 Fasty - "Purple Passion"
Not the most knowledgable, but more than willing to learn.

P.S. What is the difference between the JE pistons from Shad and the
Superquinch fro John.

P.S.S. Anybody got any ideas or theory on the roller cam setups.  I
think Pauter is the only manufacturer, or is there others?  I have
asked this question before, but never saw any response.