Re: [T3] Compression Ratio Recommendations

<x-charset iso-8859-1>
> Couple questions though:
> 1) Berg cannot be totally off  the wall as he has built alot of very
> powerful and durable engines and Im very happy with the HP output, gas
> mileage and running temp of my mere 1679.

COMPARED TO WHAT? Do you realize the engine would run cooler and get better
MPG and power if it was setup with a tight deck and wedge chamber? most
users of the SH are comparing their new engine to a worn out old one (often
much smaller displacement), so any comparison is worthless in this
situation.

> 2) Why does the best Muscle engine ever made (the Chrysler Hemi) use a
hemi
> head with no quench area?

these were built in the HP by brute force era. They made HP by the volume of
flow thru the heads. What MPG did they get? :-)

>  3) Why did Toyota use a full hemi head on thier older econoboxes?  they
got
> great gas mileage and ran pretty darn well!

I'm not familiar with them. Are they using a full hemi head NOW?
why not?

John
Aircooled.Net Inc.