Re: [T3] Cracked Torsion bar

<x-charset iso-8859-1>hi.
   the little tanks that i work on on a day to day basis are fitted with
torsion bars and these allways snap at the fixed end as well !!!

 when we fit new ones we allways wrap them with tape, black and nasty we
call it (sort of cord reinforced stuff) this helps the poor guy who has to
change it when it next goes as it will all come out by pulling on the tape.

thankfully the ones we have fitted in our cars dont go on a massively
regular basis but for anybody who wants it this is my torsion bar tip for
the day!!!

also you should never ever try to put a centre punch mark in the end of a
torsion bar say for instace if you are lowering the car as it can shatter
the bar as the shock wave passes from one end to the other .

clean it well and use tippex correction fluid or a permanant marker pen and
make sure you dont inadvertantly rub your marks off!!!

neil verdon 66 sqr on irs pan.