From: "Jim Adney" <jadney@vwtype3.org>
To: <type3@vwtype3.org>
Sent: Monday, June 17, 2002 6:32 AM
Subject: Re: [T3] exploded views? :-)

On 16 Jun 2002, at 18:03, Allan Williams wrote:

> Does any body have an exploded view of a type 3> preferably a square
(mines
> a 70) and mostly the sill/rocker area, and also the engine tin ware?

The sill areas are VERY complicated, and I'm not sure that I understand
everything that goes on there. It seems like about a dozen different pieces
of
sheet metal meet and terminate in the area you're talking about. I've never
seen anything that shows it clearly.

The sheet tin is much simpler. The Bentley manual shows this clearly, as
well as the answeres to most other questions that will come up.

Volkswagen Official Service Manual
Type 3 Fastback and Squareback 1968-1973
published by Robert Bentley, Cambridge, Mass, 1974
ISBN 0-8376-0057-X / LPV 997 383 / VSQU
(excellent book, complete and well written)