Re: [T3] Vibration in clutch and gas pedal

On 16 Jun 2002, at 12:27, B R M wrote:

> I just got the new(used) motor in my brothers fastback. It has a vibration
> in the clutch pedal when you first engage it and then goes away when it is
> fully engaged. The gas pedal also has a vibration when you accelerate.
> otherwise it runs fine.

Both cables should run thru flexible housings between the body and the
anchor point. These are called Bowden tubes after the inventor from 100
years ago. The clutch Bowden tube is about a foot long and pretty stiff; it's
always there, but the amount of sag in it may need to be adjusted. See your
manual for this.

The throttle cable Bowden tube is often lost and left out in an engine
replacement. It is about 3' long. Is it there and anchored properly against the
front engine sheet tin?