Re: [T3] [INVASION] PART ONE OF THE CALI ROUTE DONE NOW FOR PART TWO (READ )

<x-charset iso-8859-1>A little bit of central California travel advice.

>From Sacramento East to Reno.

Assuming you get gas in Sacramento, you won't need to
gas up again until Reno. If anyone does need a bit more
once on the road. Auburn has cheap price gas. Exit off
of Foresthill road, just past the three exits to central
Auburn. Lots of stations in the area, along with plenty
of food joints. Nothing much from Auburn to Reno. A few
places, but don't count on it. Colfax is one though.

The real advice concerns I80 from Auburn east. There is a
long steady uphill from Baxter up the hill. It's not real
steep, but it is relentless in it's grade. If anyone starts
to get hot, pull over and cool down. At the very top of the
pass is a large rest area. Very nice to be in the cool
mountains after the heat of the valley. A good place to
regroup after the grade. The grade will probably serve to
separate the group depending on each vehicle's power curve.

Another area to re-group is just before the rest area.
Boreal Ridge ski area has a large parking lot that should
be accessible. They do some bicycling/hiking in the area
so there is plenty of room to re-group before heading
downhill to Reno and the heat again.

Once plans for time get settled, let me know, as I would
like to at least come out and wave at the swarm! My
vacation schedule won't permit attendance, as well as
the sorry state of my T3.

Jeff  '67 Sqbk