Re: [T3] [INVASION] PART ONE OF THE CALI ROUTE DONE NOW FOR PART TWO (READ )

<x-flowed>At 9:43 PM -0700 6/11/02, Hal Sullivan wrote:

But, I did get some additional advice from my parents on the stretch north of Winnemucca -- we should be sure to fill up in Winnemucca and also fill up a some gas cans as well.

Hal,

Note that the proposed route does *not* go through Winnemucca, but rather takes 395 north through California and then to Burns, OR. The Yahoo! maps estimate of driving time adds some 4 hours of travel time via the 395/Burns, OR route compared through the Winnemucca route. As this is day two of a two-day drive for the caravan, all 4 hours are added to day two's Reno -> Parma leg.

The slightly longer and considerably slower route is believed to be more scenic than the shorter (and faster average driving speed) route through Winnemucca.

-Greg