Re: [T3] Try again?

On 10 Jun 2002, at 21:29, Dyscord wrote:

> Ok well here goes another test, this is the 5th time I have sent an e-mail
> to the list and nothing at all is getting there. This time I am sending from
> another account.

Okay, this reply goes to both you AND the list.

> I did unplug the cold start injector, and after the 2 1/2 hour drive the car
> started perfectly. Repeated the same test on the drive back and again the car
> started perfectly. It is possible that conditions were not met, as the weather
> was not quite as warm the last couple of days. I have left the cold start
> injector unplugged for the time being to further test the results.

You should check the wire that goes to the temp SWITCH under the intake
air distributor. Make sure that it is connected there and is NOT shorting to
ground somewhere. You could also check your temp switch to make sure
that it measures open at these "normal" temps.

I had a car here a few years ago that had been partly disassembled and this
wire was "lost" and then pinched under some of the sheet tin as it was
reassembled. Yes, it was impossible to restart when hot.

-
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org
Madison, WI 53711-3054