Re: [T3] White shift knob etc

Ron wrote:
>>I need some parts for my restoration of my '62 Type 343. (serial
number
0027895) The PO removed the cooling flaps from the 1500 motor so I need
therod from the thermostat to the bell crank, the rods from the bell
crank
to the flaps and the flaps.<<

Simon's right, no thermostats in 62s. If your fan housing has holes for
the thermostat parts then the engine is likely not original.

>>I also need the early shift knob, all white,<<

They come up occasionally at the swaps, but are usually in poor
condition. A better bet might be to have someone like Koch's refinish a
later gray/white knob in solid white. That's what I plan to do since my
original shift knob is turning to dust.

>>and both the square emblem for the hood and the side Karmann emblem
that goes just in front the wheel well and just back from the passenger
door.<<

Your best bet is to rely on Type 34 Registry connections. A few NOS ones
have come up in recent years but the prices can be obscene ($250+ for
the front emblem isn't unlikely).

Another 1962 343 restoration underway. Not for the faint hearted, but
worth the effort.

Scott
62 343, 65 361