[T3] Ball joints

So I think I have to take my car to a shop to get the ball joints in. No
time to drive up to visit Keith :(

But there's the deal. I know a guy who's good at working on beetles, but I
don't think he's too familiar with type 3s. Is the difference in ball joint
installation all that different? Any idea what I should be telling him to
look out for in terms of differences?
Or should I avoid taking it to him all together.
My problem is that I dont have the right tools to do the job. Namely impact
wrench and or torch skills to get any stubborn bolts loose. Nor do I have a
pickle fork.

Please advise.

--
Mike Wodkowski