Re: [T3] Engine Power Outputs

<x-flowed>There's probably a list somewhere, but I dont know where. I can easily write them up as well, as they are listed in the Haynes manual. Strangely enough, the hp figures are listed as DIN figures, the torque is in SAE specs. This will be really basic, I'm sure there will be corrections from the list :-)

1500 single carb: 45 hp @ 3800 rpm, 84 lbft @ 2000 rpm
1500 dual carb: 54 hp @ 4000 rpm, 87 lbft @ 2200 rpm
1600 dual carb: 54 hp @ 4000 rpm, 87 lbft @ 2200 rpm

Furthermore, the owners manual for my 73 model lists the 1500 single carb at 45 hp @ 3800 and 108 Nm @ 2000 and the 1600 dual carb at 54 hp @ 4000, 112 Nm @ 2200 rpm The owners manual lists DIN figures only. The 1500 dual was not made in 1973.

PerL
73 Variant L (1600 dual carb)

Ian Ruinaard wrote:

Hi,
Does anyone have a list of the power outputs of the various T3 engines (& T4
if possible). In South Africa we never got the FI version T3, just the twin
Solexes.

As far as I know the T4 engine in this country only came out in 1700, 1800 &
2000 - because of the Rate of Exchange I think the cheapest way to go for
more power (in South Africa) is a T4 swop.

Ian Ruinaard
iruinaard@ppc.co.za