Re: [T3] type 1 alt on a type 3

<x-flowed>When the generator in my Variant gave out, I tried the type 1 alternator trick. What I found was that since the type 1 alt. is so thick in one end, it will not line up perfectly and the pulley will be misaligned, causing the belt to twist. Since this was before I became acquainted with this list and Toby's alternator mod, I managed to get the last replacement type 3 generator from Norway's leading aircooled VW store.

PerL
73 Variant L