Re: [T3] Rear seat belts

<x-charset iso-8859-1>> Your 72 should have come with retractable belts, but the rears would only
have been 2 point
> belts.
> There is already a reinforced plate w/nut for this anchor. It is one of
the pan
> bolts ...

Eh?  There are mounting points for two 3-point belts and one 2-point in a
'72, Jim.  I agree it could be tricky to use inertia reel belts for the
outer ones.  I've got an inertia-reel Type 3 lap belt in the camper as it
happens, as I found it after fitting a static type lap.

The proper mounting point isn't a pan bolt; it has a reinforcing shaped
plate and captive square nut for the (?) 5/16" thread, with a plastic
cross-head plug and rubber washer as for the other blanked off mountings.
Wasn't this installed on the USA models?  I am surprised if so - the USA led
the way in car safety belts I think.

Dave.
UK VW Type 3 & 4 Club
http://www.hallvw.clara.co.uk/