[T3] type 1 alt on a type 3

<x-charset iso-8859-1>hello all,
After going through the options with the alt conversion I started thinking
about just modifying the cradle to fit the new upright motor alternator that
I happen to have.. I have 2 concerns.

1; would the collar on the alt stick down into the path of the cooling air
enough to affect the cylinder and oil cooling?
2; would I need to drill holes in the casing of the alt for the cooling air
to enter or would enough air find its way behind the pulley into the
alternator.

Thanks- Bryan

</x-charset>