[T3] Gettin a Type3

Hey Y'all,
Well I am taking a plunge into unchartered waters in 2 weeks. I will be getting a 73 type3 squareback in a trade deal. Anyone ever had one of these and can give me some friendly advice about owning\working on them. I have had a LOT of buses and a couple of bugs in the past and feel comfortable doing just about anything to these, but I have never even SEEN a type3 in person before. Can anyone make some comparisons between types 1,2, & 3 for me?

Peace, John Baker
1971 Westy
1966 Kombi
http://www.geocities.com/jbakerccymca
"...so we got in the red VW microbus with the shovels and rakes and implements of destruction and
headed on to the police officer's station..."