[T3] Oil Bath Air Filter

I did a oil change last week but when I filled up my air cleaner there was
no "red line"  as mentioned in bentley to mark the amount of oil.  Can
someone help me out on how much to add?  I added just a small amout, less
than was in there before, just to get some in there but I did not want to
over fill it.  I figured it might just be to the line where the outside
hosing flares out, but I wanted to be sure.

Thanks,
Jason Smith
'72 Fastback FI AT
'97 Jetta